Thursday 17 February 2011

Poster Development 2

My previous poster's lack of colour meant that it looked very dull and boring. Another problem was that my actress didn't stand out from the background and so I had to design a technique that would bring a little colour to my poster and also make my actress stand out.


After receiving feedback that my first poster had too much colour, and that my second colour had too little colour, I thought that it was best not to have my actress in colour, but instead just her dress to be in colour, to emphasise her femininity. Also, the font overlaps my actress and therefore, if she was in colour the font would be much harder to read.

Feedback:

Amy Pass- I really like how the dress is in colour as it emphasises the fact that she is female, and this contrasts the title of the song 'BoysBoysBoys'. I feel that the splash of colour has brightened up your poster and made it look more interesting. However, I do still feel that the font could stand out a bit more, especially the font that states the date.

Rachel Hilton- I think that by having the dress as a colour, you are drawing the audience's eye to the actress and therefore she stands out. The text at the bottom of the poster is hard to read, and therefore for a development I would consider making the font a different colour so that it is easier to read.

Alex Machin- I really like the colour that you have chosen for your poster. I feel that the dress is very eye catching, and therefore the actress stands out, even though she is the same colour as the background. I even like the fairy lights in the background of the image as it makes the poster look a little 'grubby', but I feel that this will appeal to a wider audience as her location, and therefore her are shown to be 'perfect'

Meg Marlow- I like the image used, even though she isn't smiling, she gives the poster a professional look, as I feel that if she looked too happy, then she may give the poster a cheesey look, that would not match your chosen song. For a development, I would consider changing the appearance of your text, as it can be quite difficult to read.

I will now take into consideration the feedback given and make any appropriate changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment