Sunday 26 September 2010

Song Choice


As all four of my final songs have the same target audience, I decided to survey 24 people from the target audience, (teenagers) to help me decide which song I should choose for my music video project. The results were as follows:


School Uniforms by The Wombats is represented by the colour orange, it received 5 votes. The feedback was mainly that it was a good song choice and that it was a lively and upbeat song, however it received negative feedback due to the fact that the target audience are teenagers and they didn't want a song that was based around school.
Kiss Me by New Found Glory is represented by the colour purple. It received 3 votes, people thought that this song was sweet and slow but they felt that for my project I should do a song that is more interesting.
That Kiss by The Courteeners is represented by the colour green. It received 7 votes. People thought that this song was an unusual song and that the video for this song could be quite quirky and an interesting choice. This song is not very well known, so a lot of people were intrigued by this song.
BoysBoysBoys by Lady GaGa is represented by the colour blue and it recieved 9 votes. The feedback that I received for this song was that it was modern and 'fresh'. People seemed to like the idea of a random and lively video and a lot of people already like the song as it is quite well known.
The most popular song choice from my target audience was BoysBoysBoys by Lady GaGa and therefore this is the song that I will create a music video for. The next step to my project will be to get in touch with the record company in order that I can obtain copyright permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment