Sunday 26 September 2010

Song Ideas

I have decided to create a video to a song that I personally like, because then I feel that I would be more encouraged to do the song justice and work hard in producing a good video. After much deliberation I have narrowed the song choices down to:


Kiss Me- New Found Glory?

This song has a mixture of beats, with slow verses and a fast chorus, which would allow make to shoot the video in a number of different shots and speeds. For me, this song has no different interpretations and is instead a straightforward, sweet and simple song and I would definitely do a storyline type of video as it is, in my opinion simply about love. The song is not 'mainstream' and therefore I hopefully would be able to obtain permission to use the song, however, the problem that would occur with this song would be a romantic area for me to shoot the video in.

Lady GaGa- BoysBoysBoys?

Personally, I really enjoy this song and I feel that it is important that I enjoy the song that I will create a video to as then I will want to do the song justice by having a good video. This song is a pop song and therefore features the lively element that I was looking for. As the song is quite a fun, modern song I would be able to play around with different mise en scene. If I decided to use this song, I don't think I would have a storyline, but instead I would have a random storyline and it would be more related to the feel of the song and not the song itself.

School Uniforms- The Wombats?

'School Uniforms' by The Wombats is a really lively, upbeat and happy song and so the video would have to be fast paced to fit in with the feel of the song. This song would also be a good film to shoot as it is about falling in love with someone at school and therefore I could film the video in my own school and use our school uniforms which would therefore make props and location easy to film. A problem with this song however is that towards the end of the song the lyrics get very repetitive and I think I may find it difficult to find different things to film for the repetitive section.

That Kiss- The Courteeners?

'That Kiss' by The Courteeners would be a good video to create as it is a song that creates a lot of imagery as the story of the song are very clear as they create a song. Also, the song has a casual, informal feel to it and the video would be very down to earth and regular- no special sets or outfits would be required. The Courteeners are very well known and I feel that getting permission may prove difficult, however, this particular song is not one of their more famous songs. The video for this song would be very specific to the lyrics so that a story would be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment