Tuesday 2 November 2010

Chosen Font

I asked 20 people from my target audience which font they preferred for my products. I told each member my chosen song and allowed them to listen to it so that they were able to hear the genre for themselves and could make their own decision. I will use the font that my target audience has chosen for my final font and I will then conduct a number of colour schemes that you reflect my chosen font and also the genre and feel of my song.



 
It is clear from the graph that my target audience prefer the first font, "Gloria Hallelujah". I will therefore use this font as the font for my products such as the poster and CD case. Although my font has been chosen, I feel that in order to grasp what my target audience is looking for I should ask those who were surveyed on feedback and their reasons for choosing the font that they did.


Amy Pass: I really like the second font because I feel it has a modern and electronic feel to it and therefore I feel that it reflects the feel of the song. However, looking at all of the fonts, they all emphasise the different parts of the song, personally though, I prefer the second one but I think it depends on the colour scheme.

Rachel Hilton: My favourite font is the first one as it is seems casual, yet it is easily readable and has a fun element to it. I especially like the heart at the end, I feel that this adds a touch of femininity to the title, which is ironic as the title is called "Boys Boys Boys". Also, the heart and the font will appeal to teenage females, which is your target audience.

Alex Machin: My favourite font is the first one as it has a cool and modern vibe to it, which matches the song and therefore I believe that it would be the best match for your song. My least favourite is font number five as I feel that it holds not relevance to the song and does not portray the song very well.

Sarah Hall: Font number six catches my attention the most because it is the boldest out of all of the fonts. This font is the one I think that you should have as your final font as it is very eye catching and, with the right colour scheme could be really vibrant and young.

Charlie Clarke: Font number three is my favourite. It is quirky, young and unconventional and I really like it. However, I dont like font number two as I feel that it is very plain and boring.

After research and feedback from my target market, I now have my chosen font "Gloria Hallelujah", and I will now construct a number of different colour schemes so that I can see my products taking shape and also see what colour scheme suits my music best.

No comments:

Post a Comment