Wednesday 10 November 2010

Colour Scheme Feedback

I sought feedback from my target audience of teenagers, both male and female so that I could see what colour schemes they preferred or whether or not they actually liked the colours that I had put together.

Amy Pass- My favourite colour scheme is the Black, Red and Blue one as I feel that it is very bright and vibrant and catches the eye instantly. My least favourite was the Black, Grey and Green colour scheme as I feel that it is a little too dull for my liking.

Alex Machin- My favourite is the Black, Pink and Violet colour scheme as I feel that it would appeal to stereotypical females and also it would appeal to 'metro sexual' males. As it is not conventional, it has an element of cool and sophistication to it, as well as linking in with the romantic theme and feel to the song. My least favourite is the Black, Grey and Green colour scheme as I feel that it does not highlight the song, nor the song title.

Charlie Clarke- My favourite is the Black, Pink and Violet colour scheme because I think that it is bright and vibrant and eye catching. I really like the fact the the colour scheme highlights the feminine feel to the song and so it would definitely appeal to a vast audience. My least favourite colour scheme is the Black, Red and Blue one as it seems to be lacking in a feminine element. I feel that this colour scheme would only attract males and may lead to females being put off the music video and products as it is very masculine.

Kris Siddall- The colour scheme that I prefer is the Black, Red and Blue. I like this colour scheme the best as I feel they are the conventional, neutral colours that I believe would attract a large audience. Also, the colours in this colour scheme are really bright and vibrant and therefore stands out to the audiences' eye. My only problem with these colours however, is that the blue and red seem to be competing for attention and I think that if you chose this as your final colour scheme then you should consider making either the red or the blue a darker colour to allow them to compliment each other and stand out.

Mikey Harding- I really like the Black, Grey and Navy colour scheme as the grey and black allow the blue to stand out. Also, this colour has a masculine feel to it and therefore I think that it will attract males and, with the title and font of the song, I believe a darker colour scheme will give your products more of an 'edge' as they are unconventional compared to the feel of the music.

Jack Barlow- In my opinion, the Black, Grey and Green Colour scheme is the one that stands out because I feel that it reflects the style of the music and the colours are also appealing to both males and females, thus making it an ideal colour scheme.

Rachel Hilton- My favourite colour scheme is the Black, Pink and Violet one as I feel that it reflects the feel and name of the song unconventionally, yet perfectly. The colours are bright and vibrant and therefore I feel instantly attracted to them as they make me feel happy and consequently I want to watch it. The colour scheme that I would recommend not using would have to be the Black, Grey and Green colour scheme as I feel it is too dull and boring.


From the feedback I was given, and my own personal opinions on the feedback, I have decided to use the Black, Pink and Violet colour scheme as that is what, on the whole, my target audience preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment